A Concept Workshop will be held at Breast Cancer Trials’ (BCT) 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM), which is aimed at providing an opportunity for BCT members and non-members to present new research ideas.
The workshop will involve a presentation of each new research concept, followed by discussion and feedback from the audience, to test the idea for relevance, scientific merit, feasibility and interest. The audience will include BCT Scientific Advisory Committee members, Consumer Advisory Panel members, senior BCT staff and other BCT researchers with relevant expertise.
This workshop will determine which ideas have the strength to move forward to a more formal stage of BCT’s concept process, involving a Concept Development Working Group, with the support of a Craft Group Lead from BCT’s Scientific Advisory Committee.
To register your interest in presenting at the workshop and developing a new research idea,
please complete a Concept Proposal Form (see below) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for Concept Proposal Submissions is Friday 28th May 2021*.
The workshop will be held via online from 9.00am to 11.00am on Friday 30th July 2021.
- Fulfils the definition of translational or clinical research
- Competitive science.
- Contribution to area of unmet need in Australia or New Zealand.
- Feasible as BCT coordinated research.
- Prepared on the basis that it could meet the criteria for competitive funding e.g. NHMRC or Cancer Councils
- Concept submissions will be peer reviewed and reviews provided to applicants
- Up to four concepts will be chosen for presentation (notification in late June 2021)
- A critique will be provided by BCT following concept presentation at the workshop on 30th July 2021
- The ultimate aim of concept submission is for the proposer to develop a BCT-sponsored Protocol.
*Concepts can be submitted at any time for consideration , but must be submitted by Friday 28th May 2021 to be considered for discussion at the Concept Workshop.